Alpine Ski Club Kranjska Gora
Alpine ski club Kranjska Gora (ASC) was established on 11th September 1983. Before founding, the club has worked as a section of Sports Club Kranjska Gora. Main - basic activity of the club is the education and training of young and promising alpine skiers of the categories toddlers to top athletes.
Alpine ski club Kranjska Gora took over in 1992 the organization of competitions for the FIS World Cup - Vitranc Cup, then in 1992 and 2001 successfully conducted the rehabilitation liabilities assumed and made Vitranc Cup as one of the most notable and most successful sporting event in Slovenia.
Today, the President of ASK Kranjska is Grega Benedik.
Secretary of the club is Anja Kolenc.
Our present and former athletes - skiers: Teodor Albreht, Romana Kotnik, Sandra Kotnik, Žiga Zidan, Nina Bernik, Marko Zupan, Tanja Crane, Polona Razingar, Jure Košir, Andrej Šporn, Anja Oman and Urska Rabič.
Activities carried out by the club in addition to the education and training of young athletes:
- Ski school ASK Kranjska Gora
- World Cup men's giant slalom and slalom Vitranc Organization and implementation of various competitions in alpine skiing:
- European Cup, FIS,
- children's competitions,
- unions' and companies' competitions.
- Share know-how and various services for the organization of competitions
- Information Office
- For RTC Kranjska Gora ski lifts - Reservations terrain for training and matches - issuing permits